Tuesday, March 15, 2011

 

My Full-Length OKCupid Profile


Well, I did this profile for OKCupid, but it was way too long. But since I wrote I thought it shouldn't go to waste, so I'm putting it here! - OlderMusicGeek

My self-summary
Divorced for over 5 years; have a teenage daughter who lives with me most of the time; music fanatic – music is my life and religion – only thing I love more than music is my daughter; listen to all types of music, but alternative, punk, 70s and 80s are my favorite types; go to live shows of local bands; am a nerd, geek and dork; smartass: likes movies, tv shows, books, comic books as well as science fiction in general; like science - especially psychology/sociology, biology and astronomy; interested in spirituality – agnostic but something of a skeptic, find Buddhism and paganism interesting - do not believe in the bible; interested in philosophy - especially ethics; mild interested in politics – mostly left of center; have travelled – studied in England for one year and did some travelling in Europe, as well as living in southern Africa for 6 ½ years teaching English and travelling during the holidays; am transgendered and an occasional crossdresser, but mostly straight.

Characters I relate to or are similar to: George Bailey from “It’s A Wonderful Life”; Dr John “J.D.” Dorian from “Scrubs”; Ted Mosby from ”How I Met Your Mother”; Rob Fleming, narrator/main character from the movie and book, “High Fidelity” (both must see/read if you’re a music fanatic); Mike Doonesbury from “Doonesbury”; Holden Caulfield from “Catcher In The Rye”; Sam Weir, the younger brother from “Freaks And Geeks”; Leonard Hofstadter from “Big Bang Theory”; Clark Kent from "Superman"; Malcolm from “Malcolm In The Middle”; Eric Forman from “That 70s Show”; Ross Geller from “Friends”; Lucas Bly from the movie, “Lucas”; Jason Fox from “Fox Trot”; Kyle Broflovski and Stan Marsh from ”South Park”; Milo Bloom from “Bloom County”; Prof Grady Tripp as well as James Leer, the young writer, from “Wonder Boys”; Professor Utonium from “The Powerpuff Girls”; Alan Harper from “Two And A Half Men”; Charlie Brown and Linus Van Pelt from “Peanuts”; Gilligan from “Gilligan’s Island”; “Screech” Powers from “Saved By The Bell”; Brick Heck from “The Middle”; Darlene Conner from "Roseanne"; Lisa Simpson from “The Simpsons”; Sue Heck from “The Middle”; Dharma Montgomery from “Dharma & Greg”; Phoebe Buffay from “Friends”; the stereotype absent-minded professor from many different things.

And I'm like the person in this song -
My websites:
Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/Oldermusicgeek
MySpace profile - http://www.myspace.com/oldermusicgeek
Twitter page - https://twitter.com/oldermusicgeek
my blog site - http://oldermusicgeek.blogspot.com/
the results of a bunch of quizzes I’ve taken and questionnaires I’ve filled out - http://www.oldermusicgeektests.blogspot.com/

What I’m doing with my life
Raising my daughter; trying to enjoy my life as much as I can afford to; just trying to learn how to live my life again after dealing with some personal and psychological issues; trying to figure out what to do with my life after my daughter grows up.

I’m really good at
trivia; making witty, smart-alecky remarks; sometimes making conversation; told I’m a good dad; get good reviews at my job; and unfortunately sometimes going too far and hurting people's feelings!

The first things people usually notice about me
Shoulder length hair that’s usually tied into a ponytail; my humor; that I’m a smart aleck; that I’m really obsessed with music; that I’m quirky/unusual/eccentric/idiosyncratic; that I can be stubborn; have my own opinions and not afraid to express them; that I’m laid back and easy-going and very tolerant.

My favorite books, movies, music, and food
This was so freaking long, I just made it into its own blog post! - OMGeek

Food – Mexican and Italian (but can’t eat much of either because I’m on a low fat diet!)

The six things I could never do without
Don’t feel like there’s much I could never do without, but I wouldn’t want to be without these!
my daughter
music
MY music
my ipod
my anti-depressants
I suppose my cat – though some days that feels less true than others!

I spend a lot of time thinking about
my daughter – her schooling, her future, her dating, etc.; music as well as tv shows, movies and books; science; what if scenarios; worrying if I forgot to do something; something witty to put on Facebook and Twitter or how to respond to a friend’s text.

On a typical Friday night I am
probably not having as much fun as I wish that I was having. For a long time, my daughter wasn’t old enough to be left alone. And now money is really tight. But I do try to get out when I can and do things like seeing my favorite local bands.

Otherwise, I’ve probably rented a dvd and am watching that.

When my computer was working properly, I wasted too many Friday nights surfing the net.

The most private thing I’m willing to admit
Well, I already admitted that I cross dress occasionally. And that I take anti-depressants. Uh, I’m also a slob.

I’m looking for
Girls who like guys
Ages 20-99
Located near me
Who are single
For new friends, long-term dating, short-term dating, activity partners, casual sex

You should message me if
you’re just looking for someone to hang out with occasionally.

I AM looking for a steady girlfriend, but I am NOT looking for a wife, life partner or soul mate. I may or may not want one of those in the future, but not at this time in my life.

I’m looking for someone I can go to live bar shows, movies and dinner with as well as hang out at home and chat or watch a movie with. Someone I can chat with or talk on the phone with. But at this time, I am NOT looking for someone to live with or share my life 24/7 with. Don’t mind sharing numerous nights and days, just not all of them!

Hard for me to say what kind of woman I’ve into because I’ve dated many different types of women – blacks, whites, a Wiccan, a Catholic, an atheist, a political conservative and Republican, a couple of Africans, an Englishwoman, tall women, short women, petite women, bigger women…

Most of them have been rather confident and strong-willed. Most have also been open-minded and tolerant.

They also tended to be between 4 years younger to 2 years older, though I’ve gone as far as almost 6 years younger to 7 years older. I’d be willing to try outside of that range though.

And since the divorce, they’ve tended to be mothers. I just relate better to a fellow parent. They get the change of priorities that happen when you have a child.

And obviously, I want a woman who enjoys music. She does NOT have the same taste as me. Considering how expansive my taste is, that’d be next to impossible. In fact, I would prefer that she didn’t have THAT close of taste to mine, so we can introduce each other to new music. But it would be nice if we had some overlapping taste in music.

Also appreciate women who good at witty quips! Ones that can give it as well as they get it are a huge plus!

Oh, and no tobacco smokers! My daughter and I are both allergic to tobacco smoke.
 
Other than that, not sure what to say. But to help give you an idea what kind of women I like, here’s a list of famous and fictional woman that I’m attracted to – in order of attraction – you do NOT need to LOOK like any of these women, but you should ACT something like a few of them: Sigourney Weaver, Zooey Deschanel, Dr Elliott Reid from “Scrubs”, Drew Barrymore, Sara Gilbert, the girl in this video, Darlene Conner from "Roseanne", Liz Lemon from “30 Rock”, Tina Fey, Dharma Montgomery from "Dharma & Greg", Mary Steenburger, Lois Lane in any form or media, Halle Berry, Phoebe Buffay from “Friends”, Anne Hathaway, Michelle Pfeiffer, Wynona Ryder, Kathleen Turner, Dana Scully from “X-Files”, Helen Hunt, Jamie Buchman from “Mad About You”, Mary Hatch Bailey – the wife from “It’s A Wonderful Life”, Penelope – the wife of Odysseus/Ulysses in “The Odyssey”, Elaine Bennis from “Seinfeld”, Lois from “Malcolm In The Middle”, Queen Amidala from “Star Wars”.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]